Driving Ambitions is a QASA project which provides an opportunity for people with physical disabilities who have the ability and agility to drive the opportunity to undertake driving lessons in a specially adapted vehicle, with the objective of achieving their license.
Driving lessons take place in a Honda Jazz which is situated at the QAWC office in Durbanville.
To request an application form or more information about the programme please contact QASA on 031 767 0348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and to see the programme’s success stories visit: www.qasa.co.za/driving-ambitions/
And Now… Driving Ambitions Rural is here.
The Driving Ambitions programme, funded by QASA, makes driving a reality for individuals with the ability and agility to drive.
Driving Ambitions gives people with mobility impairments the opportunity to learn to drive in a specially adapted vehicle with the aim of achieving their license.
QAWC have the opportunity to bring 10 individuals from around the Western Cape to Cape Town to complete their driving ambitions lessons, and undertake their driving test. We will fund transport and accommodation* to Cape Town, to enable participation in this programme.
QAWC will receive applications for Driving Ambitions Rural till December 2019.
What is the process:
1. Obtain your learners license
2. Apply for the Driving Ambitions programme by contacting Ronelle Lyson at QASA: Tel: 031 767 0348 or Email: email@example.com)
3. Once accepted onto the Driving Ambitions program contact Lowri Williams at QAWC: Tel: 021 975 6078 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Complete the required documentation and wait to be accepted
5. Once accepted we will bring you to Cape Town twice:
a. 1st trip will be to introduce yourself, start driving and book your test
b. 2nd trip will be to continue your lessons and complete your driving test
Driving Ambitions Rural has been made possible with generous funding received from the Australian High Commission in South Africa.